+91 70541 60914

Are there any fast-track courts for property encroachment cases in India?

Are there any fast-track courts for property encroachment cases in India?

Published At July 4, 2024


In India, fast-track courts for property disputes have been established to expedite the resolution of long-pending cases. These courts were initially set up following the recommendations of the 11th Finance Commission to clear the backlog of cases in the judicial system.

As of recent updates, the Government of India has continued to support the operation of Fast Track Courts (FTCs) to handle various types of cases, including property disputes. These courts are designed to handle cases more efficiently than the regular judicial system, thus helping to reduce the overall burden on the courts and provide quicker resolutions for litigants.

Fast-track courts operate under the purview of state governments, which are responsible for their establishment and administration, with funding assistance from the central government. The primary objective of these courts is to ensure that justice is delivered promptly, especially in cases that have been pending for a significant amount of time​​.

For property disputes, fast-track courts play a crucial role by providing a streamlined process for litigants to seek redress. This helps in mitigating the lengthy delays typically associated with the traditional court system. The effectiveness of these courts has been demonstrated through their ability to resolve a substantial number of cases, thus providing relief to property owners facing encroachment issues​​.

As per the rules of the Bar Council of India, we are not permitted to solicit work and advertise. The user acknowledges that there has been no advertisement and personal communication from Raizada Law Associates, any information obtained or material downloaded from this website is completely at the user’s volition and any transmission, receipt or use of this site would not create any lawyer-client relationship. In cases where the user has any legal issues, he/she in all cases must seek independent legal advice.